Our finance services
Redbridge Council's finance service is a support service which helps us to provide financial advice and support to our customers.
The service plays an active role in helping us to meet our aims and objectives and is committed to continually improving our services and processes to our residents and stakeholders.
We are committed to good financial management and to the ongoing review and improvement of our financial processes and services.
You can find important information about how we organise our finances and spend our money.
Find out more information about:
Statement of Accounts 2017/18
The statement of accounts for the year ending 31 March 2018, provides information about the expenditure and income of our services for the year 2017 to 2018 as well as our assets and liabilities at the year end. It also contains summarised information on capital expenditure, a cash flow statement and the pension fund accounts.
Copies of the statement of accounts are available. Please contact the Finance Service if you require a hard copy. You can also view other publications relating to our final accounts for 2017/18.
- Statement of Accounts 2017/18 (PDF 2.7MB)
- Audit completion notice 2017/18 (PDF 137KB)
- Public Rights of Inspection (PDF 58.6KB)
Statement of accounts for previous years
These accounts have been approved by the auditors. Copies can be downloaded and hard copies can be viewed in our libraries. If you require your own hard copy please contact our finance services.
- public rights of inspection - notice of publication 2016/2017 (PDF 62KB)
- 2016-17 statement of accounts (PDF 2MB)
- public rights of inspection - notice of publication 2015/2016 (PDF 62KB)
- statement of accounts 2015/2016 (PDF 2MB)
- statement of accounts 2014/2015 (PDF 1.2MB)
- publicity account as at 31 March 2015 (PDF 20KB)
- public rights of inspection - notice of publication 2014/2015 (PDF 76KB)
- statement of accounts 2013/ 2014 (PDF 1257KB)
- building control trading account 2013/2014 (PDF 26KB)
- publicity account 2013/2014 (PDF 19KB)
- public rights of inspection - notice of publication 2013/2014 (PDF 199KB)
- statement of accounts 2012/2013 (PDF 1385KB)
- publicity account as at 31 March 2013 (PDF 19.7KB)
- building control trading account 2012/2013 (PDF 26KB)
- audit completion notice 2012/2013 (PDF 109KB)
- London Borough of Redbridge - ISA260 (PDF 428KB)
- London Borough of Redbridge - pension fund annual governance statement 2012/2013 (PDF 267KB)
- statement of accounts (audited) 2011/2012 (PDF 588KB)
- building control trading account 2011/2012 (PDF 26KB)
- publicity account 2011/2012 (PDF 20KB)
- audit completion notice 2011/2012 (PDF 111KB)
You can also view DataShare where you can view detailed information and figures about our budget.
The purpose of our medium term financial strategy is to:
- support our corporate planning process
- indicate the resource issues and principles
It sets out the current and projected financial forecasts over a 3 year planning timeline and is aimed at supporting the development of our budget over this period. It also provides the framework to enable the effective delivery of our key plans and strategies.
We offer membership in a final salary pension scheme, the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), to all employees except for teachers. Teachers’ pensions are provided through the teachers’ pension scheme. View the pension website for LGPS members.
We share this website with Newham and Havering Council, so take care to only use Redbridge’s forms, all other information is relevant for both Councils.
Our pension fund publications below provide details on the local government pension scheme.
- Investment Strategy Statement 2018 (PDF 296KB)
- Business Plan for Pension Fund 2018/19 (PDF 2.12MB)
- Pension Funding Strategy Statement (PDF 259KB)
- Pension Fund Annual Report 2015 to 2016 (PDF1.67MB)
- Statement of Investment Principles February 2015 (PDF 2193KB)
- Pension Fund Annual Report Addendum 2013 to 2014 (PDF 115KB)
- Pension Fund Annual Review 2013 to 2014 (PDF 416KB)
- Statement of Investment Principles February 2014 (PDF 264KB)
- Pension Fund Governance Compliance Statement 2018 (PDF 78KB)
- Pension Fund Annual Report 2011 to 2012 (PDF 222KB)
- Pension Fund Annual Report for 2017-18 (PDF 1.4MB)
- Pension Fund Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF 1MB)
We are required to publish our planned and actual spending on education and children’s social care under Section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009. We are required to publish schemes for financing schools, setting out the financial relationship between us and the schools we maintain.
We record our spending for:
- total dedicated schools grant (DSG)
- early years
- high needs
- other non-statutory spending
We must also provide details of our children and young people’s services budget.
The section 251 budget data statements are the primary means of informing schools and the public in general about our funding and expenditure plans on education and children’s social care functions in a form that allows benchmarking.
- view budget and outturn section 251 statements
- view our scheme for financing schools (PDF 778.13 KB)
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org