Volunteer with libraries
Volunteering is fun, rewarding and it changes lives. Come and experience it at your local library! We are looking for people from all walks of life to help us deliver amazing projects at our libraries for the benefit of the whole community.
Why volunteer with us?
- you will have a fabulous time
- you will increase your confidence dealing with the public in a professional setting
- you will learn skills around customer care, confidentiality and health and safety
- you will gain valuable experience for your CV and a reference if you volunteer for more than 35 hours
- personal satisfaction of helping other people to realise their potential
What do you need?
The minimum age for volunteering with Redbridge Libraries is 14 years but some roles require a minimum age of 16 years. Please read through the role description for the volunteer post you are interested in for more information.
You will need to have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check carried out for certain volunteering positions. This is something we will arrange for you.
You will need to provide the contact details of 2 referees who are over 18, know you well but are not a member of your family.
Current volunteering opportunities
- stories rhymes and songs (PDF 184KB)
- chatterbooks reading club (PDF 353.94KB)
- blue badge IT support (PDF 49KB)
- books on wheels (PDF 47KB)
- code club (64KB)
- computer skills (PDF 50KB)
- IT basics (PDF 50KB)
- one to one tablet trainer (PDF 33KB)
- Summer Reading Challenge Assistant (PDF 395KB)
How to apply
Project delivered in partnership with Volunteer Centre Redbridge.