Volunteer with libraries
Volunteering is fun, rewarding and it changes lives. Come and experience it at your local library! We are looking for people from all walks of life to help us deliver amazing projects at our libraries for the benefit of the whole community.
Why volunteer with us?
- you will enjoy meeting people and making new friends
- you will increase your confidence in dealing with the public in a professional setting
- you will learn skills around customer care, confidentiality and health and safety
- you will gain valuable experience for your CV and receive a reference if you volunteer with us for more than 16 hours
- personal satisfaction of helping other people to realise their potential
What do you need?
The minimum age for volunteering with Redbridge Libraries is 14 years but some roles require a minimum age of 18 years. Please read through the role description for the volunteer post you are interested in for more information.
You will need to have a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check carried out for certain volunteering positions. This is something we will arrange for you.
You will need to provide the contact details of 2 referees who are over 18, know you well but are not a member of your family.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Stories rhymes and songs (PDF 184KB)
- Blue badge support (PDF 361KB)
- Code Club (PDF 58KB)
- Computer skills (PDF 50KB)
- IT basics (PDF 181KB)
- IT support (PDF 92KB)
- School admission support (PDF 51KB)
- CodeUp (PDF 60KB)
- Summer Reading Challenge Assistant (PDF 272KB)
- Homework help (49KB)
- Children Holiday Activities (397KB)
- Chess Club (57KB)
- Chatterbooks (339KB)
How to apply
Redbridge CVS promote and assist us in finding suitable roles for potential Volunteers.