Children in care
Information for young people in care and care leavers
Your guide to being looked after
Have you received your copy of 'A Young Person’s Guide to being Looked After?' If not, ask your Social Worker or Foster Carer for a copy.
Are you thinking about university?
Check out the Propel website it has helpful information for care leavers thinking about going to university or college.
Your Health Passport and our pledge to you
You said that you wanted a Health Passport, so here it is. We are pleased to let you know we have published your Health Passport for 0 to 11 year olds and 12 to 19 year olds.
- Health Passport for 0 to 11 year olds (PDF 397KB)
- Health Passport for 12 to 19 year olds (PDF 360KB)
What is the Health Passport?
The Health Passport lets you record important information about your personal health into 1 document. It is yours to keep and to update as you go along.
You will be given a paper copy of your Health Passport and your Social Worker can help you to complete it.
Our pledge to you
We have consulted with our children in care councils on an update of our pledge to you.
- Promises by Redbridge Council to all children in care aged 12+ (PDF 378KB)
- Promises by Redbridge Council to all children in car age 0 to 11 (PDF 343KB)
The Easy Pleasy Cook Book
Designed by The Children's Society and Cheshire East Council to help young care leavers cook for themselves on a tight budget. The book includes recipes and tips.
Information on your rights
We have pulled together information which tells you about your rights and lets you know who you can speak to.
- Advocacy Leaflet - Can you trust the Children's Rights person? (PDF 1.14MB)
- Advocacy poster for the Under 10's (PDF 96.9KB)
- Advocacy Poster for LAC and Care Leavers (PDF 89.2KB)
You told us you wanted information about leisure services and sport in Redbridge. We hope you this information useful.
- Redbridge Leisure Services – Vision
- Do More Guide - Things to do in Redbridge for all ages.
- Youth Centres
If you would like more information added please email Gail McGuigan, Detached and Group Worker, Gail.Mcguigan@redbridge.gov.uk
Gail McGuian, Detached and Group Worker
Phone: 020 8708 3444