Find out about working at Redbridge
Why Work at Redbridge?
This is an exciting time to join us at Redbridge as we have a new Chief Executive Clare Symonds a dynamic leader who is also a resident. She is very committed to creating an inclusive environment where staff can flourish and provide our residents with innovative services that meet their needs. Our Corporate strategy outlines our ambitions for Redbridge.
We are among the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing compared to other parts of London, high quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change to meet these challenges is phenomenal.
We know that our values; Collaboration, Honesty, Excellence, Fairness are critical to the embedding of our cultural change programme to build our ‘One Brilliant Team’ and HR are working with the business to embed this into our practices to recruit, reward and promote our values throughout everything we do. Having an engaged, motivated workforce is the only way to achieve our objectives and we strive to offer fair terms and conditions to our staff to ensure they feel valued and supported.
Some exciting and innovative work programmes currently underway at Redbridge:
We are looking for individuals to join our team who are innovative and want to be part of a forward looking organisation that is committed to delivering first class services and supporting our staff to be the best that they can be.
We have a comprehensive offer of benefits for our employees
- Fair and attractive salaries – as a minimum we offer London Living Wage (including apprentices)
- Excellent holidays minimum of 27 days per annum for full time staff rising to 32 days after five years service
- Attractive pension scheme that includes
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Generous special leave arrangements for emergencies in life
- Flexible working arrangements - offered to meet your needs and ours
- Hybrid working model for most staff
- Excellent policies that support our staff throughout their careers at Redbridge
Health and Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance programme- offers an independent and confidential support and advice to staff on various issues which may be affecting their physical and mental wellbeing
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders throughout the organisation
- Occupational Health Support
- Eye Test reimbursement scheme
- Subsidised gym membership with Vision managed gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Calendar of events to provide opportunities for staff to celebrate important events and initiatives
Investing in you
- Extensive Training and Development opportunities both accredited and informal
- Monthly and annual staff recognition schemes
- Mentoring Scheme open to all staff
- Well supported Staff Equality Networks that are open to all staff
- Employee benefits scheme through and external benefits provider
- High quality IT technical equipment to support effective hybrid working
You can find out more about the job opportunities at Redbridge and we also run a number of roadshows during the year where you can find out more about careers and opportunities which I would encourage you to attend and meet some of our teams.
Good Luck with your application and I look forward to welcoming you to Redbridge in the future.