Opportunities at Redbridge
Graduates and Interns
Fast track your career National Graduate Development Programme
The NGDP is a national initiative run by the Local Government Association in partnership with Local Authorities with the aim of attracting talented young people into local government careers.
You will work on issues that matter, gaining insight into the front line, operational delivery and corporate management of council services. while building your career in the public sector, the largest employer in the UK. Over a two-year period, the NMTs at Redbridge undertake a range of challenging work placements, complimented by a Post Graduate Diploma in Local Government Management at Warwick Business School, national training events and extensive support.
Visit the National Graduate Development Programme
Work placements and internships are opportunities for young people and other members of the community to gain some experience in the workplace. This can be:
- During their time at school, usually in Year 10 and Year 13 and typically lasting a couple of weeks and referred to as ‘work experience’
- Whilst at university or college (or prior to going, during a gap year) and referred to as ‘work placements’
- When they have finished education and are entering the labour market for the first time. Increasingly, the term ‘internship’ is used to describe a work placement for a graduate wanting to enter a particular profession.
If you are interested in gaining work experience or an internship please complete the application form and submit. All requests will be co-ordinated and logged. This ensures that requests are dealt with consistently and fairly.
From time to time the council will utilise resources via agencies to support the delivery of its core business services. Should you be interested in undertaking any temporary work for the council other than those roles advertised on our website, please contact:
Ilford Office – Cranbrook Road
020 8553 0921
Who will be able to provide further information to you
Deciding on a Career path? That can be one of life’s most difficult decisions.
- Do you aspire to achieving something in your career?
- Are you motivated to take further qualifications to succeed?
- Would you like to earn 10-15K approx per year?
- Would you like up to 22 days paid leave a year?
- Would you like to work locally?
If you would, then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
The London Borough of Redbridge Apprenticeship Scheme offers young people an opportunity to gain a nationally recognised, professional qualification whilst gaining valuable work experience within the Council. This means that you can learn while you earn. Check our recruitment pages for current vacancies.