Service Change - coming soon
Changes to the way we collect your rubbish are coming soon, as Redbridge moves to a wheelie bin waste collection service.
We collect rubbish and recycling weekly on the same day. Bank holiday collections vary.
If you live in flats where waste is collected from a communal area, you will need to contact us for your collection day.
You can book a large item collection, hazardous and clinical waste as well as report abandoned or dumped items (fly-tipping).
Until you receive your new wheelie bin please continue to present your rubbish:
- in bin bags
- placed within the boundary of your property near to the highway, but not on the pavement (if you leave waste on the highway you may be prosecuted)
- please place out by 6am on the day of collection
- if you have a dustbin or wheelie bin you should leave bags in it to protect them from animals and weather
- with all recyclable waste placed in your recycling boxes
Buying your own bin
Please note, when your new wheelie bin from Redbridge has been delivered within the next few months, our crews will only collect from new standardised bins provided.
What we don't collect
The following is waste that is not collected as part of our domestic waste collection:
- large bulky items (including sofas, fridges and mattresses)
- fly-tipping (including dumping rubbish)
- clinical (including needles and stoma bags)
- hazardous (including asbestos, chemicals and paint)