Christmas Tree Collection
For 2 weeks in January, we will be collecting your (real) Christmas Tree for free! Place your tree at the boundary of your property by 11 January 2021, and we will collect over a 2 week period.
So place it out by 11 January and it will be collected by 23 January.
No need to book it or call us, just leave it and we will remove it.
We collect rubbish and recycling weekly on the same day. Bank holiday collections vary.
If you live in flats where waste is collected from a communal area, you will need to contact us for your collection day.
You can book a large item collection, hazardous and clinical waste as well as report abandoned or dumped items (fly-tipping).
- in bin bags
- placed within the boundary of your property near to the highway, but not on the pavement (if you leave waste on the highway you may be prosecuted)
- please place out by 6am on the day of collection
- if you have a dustbin or wheelie bin you should leave bags in it to protect them from animals and weather
- with all recyclable waste placed in your recycling boxes
Buying your own bin
Any bin used should have fixed-grip handles, fixed lower down. This ensures the crew can lift it and empty it into the rubbish truck
Bins with handles designed to lock over lid are not suitable for manual lifting. You should only use these bins to store your waste sacks.
You may use a wheelie bin only to store your sacks of refuse and providing you leave the bin out for collection, the operatives will attempt to remove the sacks. Please do not place loose waste in the bin. If the waste is not bagged up, it will not be taken.
We do not tip wheeled bins into the back of the collection vehicle. This is still a bag only collection operation (some exceptions do apply).
Can you clean my bin?
It is your responsibility to keep your bin clean. If you live in a property that has a managing agent and you share your bin with other people, then it is the responsibility of the managing agent or landlord to keep the communal bins clean and tidy.
What we don't collect
The following is waste that is not collected as part of our domestic waste collection:
- large bulky items (including sofas, fridges and mattresses)
- fly-tipping (including dumping rubbish)
- clinical (including needles and stoma bags)
- hazardous (including asbestos, chemicals and paint)