Service Update - August 5
We are currently out of stock of 240L wheelie bins. Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. We are working hard to get them in as soon as possible.
Abuse to our staff
Please show respect to our staff
Abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated.
Any verbal or physical abuse will be reported to the police.
CCTV in operation on this vehicle at all times.
Changes have been made to the way we collect your rubbish. Redbridge has now moved to a wheelie bin waste collection service
We collect rubbish and recycling weekly on the same day. Bank holiday collections vary.
If you live in flats where waste is collected from a communal area, you will need to contact us for your collection day.
You can book a large item collection, hazardous and clinical waste as well as report abandoned or dumped items (fly-tipping).
Now you have your wheelie bin, please adhere to the following rules or guidelines :
- all waste must be presented in the wheelie bin (the lid must be closed)
- placed within the boundary of your property near to the highway, but not on the pavement (if you leave waste on the highway you may be prosecuted)
- please place out by 6am on the day of collection
- any excess waste (not in bin) will not be taken
- with all recyclable waste placed in your recycling boxes
Need help with your collections?
We’re here to help and can provide ‘assisted collections’ for those residents who, on assessment, are unable to use the rubbish and recycling collection service without assistance from the Authority. For example:
- Aged 80 or over
- Ill health
- Have a registered disability (Blue Badge holder)
- Suffering from short- or long-term illness
- Need short term support after surgery
- Pregnant with no one able to offer support
- Blind or visually impaired and no one able to offer support
- There is no one else their property able to put the recycling boxes and wheelie bin out for collection
Assisted collections will be regularly reviewed to ensure the service is still required.
To request a ‘assisted collection’ you will need to complete our online form or 0208 554 5000. Your request will then be considered, and you will be informed of our decision. Please allow 10 working days for a response to your request.
What we don't collect
The following is waste that is not collected as part of our domestic waste collection:
- large bulky items (including sofas, fridges and mattresses)
- fly-tipping (including dumping rubbish)
- clinical (including needles and stoma bags)
- hazardous (including asbestos, chemicals and paint)