Secondary school admissions
Apply to start secondary school Year 7 for September 2018
This application applies to children with birthdays from 1 September 2006 to 31 August 2007
Applying based on where you live
If you live in Redbridge you must apply for a school place through us even if the school is not in Redbridge.
If you are not a Redbridge resident you need to apply through your own council, this includes school places for a Redbridge school.
When to apply
The deadline for online applications was Tuesday 31 October 2017 at 11.59pm, applications made after the deadline are late applications and will be considered after those made by the deadline of 31 October 2017.
For further information please read our:
- Transfer to Secondary School 2018 - school allocations and cut off distances (PDF 64KB)
- Secondary admissions information booklet (PDF 4.61MB)
- eAdmissions guidance - how to complete your child's application (PDF 453KB)
School admissions not offered preferred
School admissions false address
School admissions medical needs
School admissions adoption
School admissions multiple birth
School admissions realistic preferences
School admissions research schools
What you need before making your application online
Supporting documents you need for proof of residency
We will need you to prove your child’s ‘normal’ place of residence. To do this you need to provide us with
- your Council Tax number – you can enter this into your online application
- electronic copies of at least 2 documents from the proof of residency list dated within 3 months of your application
Proof of residency list
- rent book
- tenancy agreement and copy of your Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme or other deposit protection as applies to the tenancy
- utility bills e.g electricity/gas/water/landline phone which must show the home phone number (within the last 3 months)
- UK Driving Licence
We will not accept:
- a business address
- a landlord’s tenant’s address or a childminder's address
- a future address you will be moving to
- second home address with a short term lease
If you are unable to attach your supporting documents when making your online application please email electronic copies for proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to complete supplementary information forms (SIF) when applying for a Redbridge faith school. Some have more than one form; reading the admissions criteria will explain which form or forms you or your religious leader will have to complete. These forms have to be returned to the school by the admissions closing date.
- King Solomon High School SIF 2018 (PDF 104KB)
- King Solomon High School In Year SIF (PDF 81KB)
- Trinity Catholic High School Certificate of Catholic Practice SIF (PDF 213KB)
- The Palmer Catholic Academy Certificate of Catholic Practice SIF (PDF 62KB)
- The Palmer Catholic Academy Other Christian Traditions and Other Faiths SIF (PDF 44KB)
- Ursuline Academy Ilford Certificate of Catholic Practice SIF (PDF 444KB)
- Ursuline Academy Ilford Non Faith SIF (PDF 446KB)
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
For SEND applications, you will need to contact the SEN Team
What happens after you have applied
You will be sent an email on the evening of Thursday 1 March 2018 telling you the outcome of your application.
Offer given for first preference on your application
You will receive this information by email on the evening of Thursday 1 March 2018.
Offer given for school preferences ranked from 2 to 6 or an alternative school
The email will confirm you have been offered the highest school preference available.
Your child’s name will appear on the waiting lists of those schools ranked at a higher preference on your application; any schools ranked at a lower preference we will automatically withdraw.
Responding to your offer
You must respond to the offer by Thursday 15 March 2018
Accepting your offer
Log into your eAdmissions account by Thursday 15 March 2018 to tell us if you accept the offer from us or not.
Not accepting the offer
If you are not accepting the offer and you have an offer from another school not on your application form, please provide us with evidence of the school offer you are accepting.
Change of address
Your offer is based on the address you have given; if you have changed address or if you change your address in the future you must let us know. Offers made on the basis of false information or addresses that cannot be verified will be withdrawn.
Problems logging in
Any issues logging into eAdmissions to accept the school offer, please email email@example.com with your child's reference number and the name of the school you are accepting.