Consultation on School Admission Arrangements 2023- 2024
This consultation has now closed
Redbridge held a consultation on their school admission arrangements, for the existing arrangements to be reviewed and updated for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Anyone with an interest in education, such as parents, community groups or schools were asked to comment on the proposals.
The proposed changes which consultation also took place on are as follows:
- Within the Redbridge Fair Access Protocol, Appendix 2 (Protocol and Guide for Managed Moves) has been updated to reflect the existing Redbridge document: “Protocol for Managed Moves”
- Reducing the Published Admission Number (PAN) from 120 to 90 at William Torbitt Primary School
- Reducing the Published Admission Number (PAN) from 120 to 90 at Woodlands Primary School
A copy of the consultation document along with the survey were available to view online on the engagement hub
Any observations were welcomed and comments made through the online consultation or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org under the title 'Response to Admissions Consultation 2023-24'.
The consultation was live online for 43 days from Monday 4 October 2021 at 00:01. The deadline for comments was Monday 15 November 2021 at 23:59.
This will enable any observations to be considered by the Authority's Cabinet at its meeting on 10 February 2022, before it formally decides the final admission arrangements.
Please note that Redbridge schools that are responsible for their own admissions may also be consulting on admissions for their own schools if they propose any changes to their arrangements or have not consulted in the last 7 years. This includes all voluntary aided faith schools, foundation schools and academies, including free schools. Schools can only change their arrangements if they consult, so without consultation they must remain unchanged.
Determined School Admission Arrangements 2023-24
The Local Authority's admission arrangements for community schools, the coordinated schemes for Primary and Secondary schools, and the Fair Access Protocol for 2023-24 were determined at the Council's Cabinet meeting on 10 February 2022. Links to each document can be found below.
The determined community schools’ admissions criteria, including admission numbers and supplementary information forms.
The determined scheme for secondary co-ordination.
- Co-Ordinated Secondary Schools Admissions Scheme in the area of Redbridge Local Authority 2023-24 (PDF 250 KB)
The determined scheme for primary co-ordination.
- Co-Ordinated Primary Schools Admissions Scheme in the area of Redbridge Local Authority 2023-24 (PDF 310 KB)
The determined policy for 'Hard to place' and vulnerable groups of pupils.
Any objections to the determined admission arrangements must be made to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator by 15 May 2022.