Disabled resident parking bay
Who can apply for a disabled resident parking bay?
To apply for a new disabled resident parking bay you must:
- live in Redbridge
- have a valid Blue Badge
- have a car registered with the DVLA to your address
- not have off-road parking, such as a garage or driveway
- the road is heavily parked, making it difficult to park close to your property
- the provision of a bay will not have an adverse impact on road safety or traffic conditions
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
You must make sure you meet all the above requirements before making your application.
How to apply for a disabled resident parking bay
There is no charge for a disabled resident parking bay.
We need to see proof of:
- current Blue Badge (both sides)
- vehicle registration document (log book/V5), insurance certificate, or your Motability agreement if you hire your car through the Motability scheme
- copy of your driver’s licence
- award letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) that says that you receive: the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- if you are a wheelchair user or partially blind then we will consider someone else who drives you but lives at the same address. You must include a supporting letter from your GP stating that you are a wheelchair user or that you are partially sighted
Once you have completed the online form, please scan or photograph your documents and email parking applications or post them to the address on the form.
What happens after you apply?
- check the information you have sent to us
- assess your application against the eligibility criteria
- make a site visit
- write to you or email you to tell you our decision within 8 to 12 weeks
If your application is successful, we will then provide you with a disabled resident parking bay.
To find out more about the information we collect from you and how we use it, please review the privacy notice