Share your story
Celebrate success and encourage others
To help create great neighbourhoods through the Our Streets strategy, we support residents to take action to improve the local environment. The good news stories from our community are worth celebrating and sharing so that residents can encourage each other to have a go at taking any action (small or big) that's good for planet and people.
If you are (to name but a few) a:
- Newbie taking first green steps
- Wheelie bin wonder who produces less waste
- Composting convert
- Reuse champion
- Litter picking hero
- Community gardening expert
- Play street leader
- Parent or carer who has passed on knowledge to their children to be greener
- Children who have passed knowledge to a parent or carer to be greener
- School making environmental strides
- Reusable nappy advocate
- Savvy cook with no food to waste
We'd love to hear from you, your family, friends or community group and share your story via one or more of our communications platforms (digital E news, social and/or printed media), as agreed with you.
Help us shout about good news and let your story encourage others to take a step towards a cleaner, greener, stronger and more sustainable borough.
I think I'd like to share my story!
Once you've emailed us your story and picture and we'll talk about where you'd be happy for us to share it.
Please note, to allow us to use any picture with an identifiable person in, we will have to have consent logged via a Redbridge Council form for each and every identifiable person pictured, giving Joanne Smallman as the 'LBR officer' name:
This year we are running a Christmas competition in partnership with our local low waste shop One Planet Refill for the chance to win a selection of low/no waste goodies worth £25.
To enter the competition simply share your good news story with us about how you're working towards a lower waste Christmas. We will be sharing tips and tricks every day in December to inspire you on our Facebook page.
All entries must be in by midday on Friday 16 December and the winner will be announced on Monday 19 December.
Christmas competition terms and conditions
- No purchase is necessary, and the competition is free to enter.
- Entrants must be 16 years or older.
- Entrants into any London Borough of Redbridge (LBR) competition must live in the borough of Redbridge, any other entrants will be disqualified.
- The delivery address must be in LBR.
- The competition will be from the dates specified.
- Competition winners will be drawn at random after the competition has closed. This is completed using a random formula in a spreadsheet in the presence of two members of staff.
- The winner will receive the advertised prize.
- No cash alternatives are available, but we reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original become unavailable.
- We reserve the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days. Winners will be notified of their win via email or social media.
- The winner may be asked to take part in post event publicity, this is not compulsory.
- We will request permission to publish the names of successful winners of the competition.
- LBR reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events arising beyond its control. Neither LBR nor its agents are responsible for third party acts or omissions.
- Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this competition is LBR, whose decision regarding any aspect of this competition shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- None of the above affects your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 concerning your personal information. For more details about how we process personal information and your rights please read our privacy notice.