Anti-social behaviour

  • noise nuisance and neighbours
  • rowdy behaviour
  • vandalism
  • begging
  • loud parties
  • noisy building works (during regulated hours)
  • an intruder alarm
  • nuisance bonfires (out of hours)
  • unlicensed music events

See more on antisocial behaviour (Metropolitan Police)

Report anti-social behaviour

  • Notify us of any past, present and recurring anti-social behaviour through our form below.
  • It may help if you supply us with an ASB diary, recording the dates, times and other details of the nuisance over a two week period.

Report anti-social behaviour 

Report noise in the street or substance misuse

  • We do not deal with excessive noise in the street or drug use. The use and dealing of drugs is a criminal offence and should be reported to the Police.

Report nuisance bonfires

Community Protection Taskforce

  • interviewing people
  • issuing warning letters
  • issue Anti-Social Behaviour Warnings
  • obtaining Parenting Orders and Individual Support Orders
  • serving Noise Abatement Notices
  • issuing Civil Injunctions
  • issuing Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBO's)
  • issuing Community Protection Notices (CPN's)
  • introducing and enforcing Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO's)
  • obtaining and executing Closure Orders
  • prosecuting for breach of a Noise Abatement Notice
  • obtaining a warrant from the magistrates to seize and remove all noise making equipment
  • start possession proceedings against council tenants
  • using contractors to disable alarms and recharging the owner for the costs
  • requesting licensing reviews


Public spaces protection orders (PSPO)

  • We use Public Spaces Protection Orders to control behaviour that is either having, or is likely to have a harmful effect on a local communities quality of life.

Community trigger

What is a community trigger?

  • Community trigger enables you to ask us to review the responses to your complaints of anti-social behaviour if you believe that they have not been satisfactorily resolved. This includes responses provided by registered social landlords who operate in the area. 
  • The trigger ensures that partner agencies work together to try to resolve a complaint of anti-social behaviour and are expected to do this by talking about the problem, sharing information and acting together to resolve the complaint.
  • The trigger does not replace individual organisations’ complaints procedures. Neither does it deny your opportunity to complain to the Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Anyone can create a 'trigger', although the following criteria have to be met:

  • If an individual has complained to Redbridge Council, Metropolitan Police Service and/or a Registered Social Landlord three times about separate incidents in the last six months.
  • The applicant will need to provide details of each time they have contacted a relevant agency, to whom (name, organisation and/or incident reference number) and information about the incident.
  • If a resident has an ongoing complaint that is being dealt with by one of the partner agencies, then the case is not appropriate for the community trigger process.

Make your trigger 

Complete the form below for applications to the community trigger process.

Community trigger form


Please submit a community trigger as detailed above in the first instance about how your response to reporting antisocial behaviour was handled.  If you wish to make another complaint about the service, please follow the corporate complaints process.