Recycling boxes are back in stock.
Recycling boxes are now £7 each and this includes delivery. If your box is lost or damaged by our crews, and evidence can be shown, then a replacement box may be given free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: You can currently only order 1 box per order.
Deliveries can take up to 10 days.
Check your collection day
We offer kerbside recycling collection on the same day as your normal bin collection.
- Cardboard packaging and boxes (flattened or cut up to fit inside your recycling box, or left in a neat, manageable bundle - maximum 2ftx3ft) also include boxes for pizza, cereal, eggs etc.
Recycling for communal properties
If you live in an area that shares bins (communal), then please visit the Recycling for Communal Properties page.
Disposing of laughing gas canisters
Please take them to Chigwell Road Recycling Centre where they can be placed in the gas canister cage (site staff will advise).
I live in a flat above a shop - how do I recycle?
We are unable to provide facilities for flats above shops due to collection access issues. If you live in a property above a shop we are happy to provide you with a reusable bag.
Presenting your recycling
Place your recycling black recycling boxes that we provide (or blue boxes if you still have them). Boxes should be left just within the boundary of your property by 6am on the day of collection.
Cardboard must be flattened and presented inside your existing recycling box. It may be necessary to cut larger items up to ensure they fit in the box.
Your recycling can also be presented in clear sacks or cardboard boxes (not black sacks) while we wait for delivery.
What goes in your recycling boxes?
Please ensure your recycling is completely free from food, rinsed and squashed to save space in your box.
- Food tins, drinks cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles
- Clean plastic pots, tubs and trays (rinsed, no food, no black plastic)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Clean aluminium foil, including foil trays (rinsed, no food, scrunch small pieces)
- Envelopes (including windows)
- Thin card
- Thick card (ensure this is folded or cut to fit inside your recycling box)
- Larger cardboard will only be taken if presented neatly and flat, next to your recycling box.
Please see table below for a full list of what you can and can't recycle in Redbridge. Want to know more about our service? Find out the technical details of waste and recycling in the borough, including what happens to your refuse with our in depth guide.