If you are a Redbridge school, youth organisation, local community group or charity, you could win up to £5,000 funded by the NHS for your organisation and help to encourage young people to be safe by getting their COVID-19 vaccinations.
To be in with a chance of winning, entrants simply need to submit a positive video featuring only 12-15 year olds, tailored for their peer group, which highlights why they should get jabbed.
Each submitted video will be reviewed by Redbridge Council, to make sure the content is appropriate, and then hosted on the Everything COVID website. All approved videos will receive an equal amount of paid advertising to help promote their content. The success of each entry will be judged on the level of interactions it has generated from the paid advertising.
The top 10 performing submissions with the most impressions will each receive a prize.
All videos will be posted on the following social media platforms and we encourage organisations to share their videos amongst their social networks:
The aim of the competition is to encourage young people to share positive social media content that promotes the importance of vaccination for 12 to 15 year olds and their families.
This could cover:
- Keeping families safe by not bringing home the virus from school
- Avoiding schools shutting or moving to remote learning
- Why in-person learning is better than remote learning
- What young people miss out on when they are not in school
- Avoiding misinformation around vaccines on the internet
- How easy it was to visit a vaccination clinic in Redbridge
- Get vaccinated and encourage friends and family to do the same
- The questions you wanted answered before you got jabbed
Entrants are encouraged to be creative with their designs and to use all formats and platforms which will enable them to effectively deliver their message.
Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds. Every entry will require the completion of media consent forms.
- Approved videos will be shared on social media from Wednesday 9 March for a four-week period
- Winners will be announced Friday 8 April
Terms and conditions
- Entry is free and open to all schools and youth organisations in Redbridge. To enter, you must submit each video to the link above
- Video entries must be submitted by the closing date, 11.59pm on Friday 4 March
- Submitted content will be monitored from Wednesday 9 March to Wednesday 6 April
- Winning entries will be announced on Friday 8 April and organisations will be contacted using details provided on their entry form
- The prize breakdown is detailed in the table below. Please note: Prize funds are strictly payable to the organisation only and a company bank account is required
- The competition is for Redbridge based organisations featuring 12-15 year olds only
- The competition is run by London Borough of Redbridge, Lynton House, 255-259 High Road, Ilford IG1 1NN
- Prizes will be paid within 6-8 weeks after the winning entries are announced on Friday 8 April
- Winners will be contacted using the details provided in their submission form
- Winning entries/organisations will be published on this page once the competition has closed and entries have been reviewed
- The competition will be judged according to the level of interactions achieved by each video which will be based on the paid advertising provided by the council, London Borough of Redbridge
- Copyright will be retained by the organisations submitting the material. The council, London Borough of Redbridge will only use it for the purposes stated in the competition description
- You must guarantee that the video you submit is your own original work and does not infringe on anyone else's copyright (including the use of any music)
- Any post promotional use of materials will be discussed with the individual organisations under a separate agreement