Sexual health advice
Sexual health and relationship support services for young people in Redbridge
Whether you live, work or study in Redbridge, as a young person there are free and confidential sexual health and relationship services that are available to you.
If you are under 25 you can access free condoms, the Emergency Hormonal Contraception EHC (also known as the morning after pill), chlamydia screening and treatment from a number of sites across the Borough.
Services and information for you
- For free condoms go to come correct - C-Card Scheme
- For contraception and sexual health clinics go to sexual health in Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and Havering or NHS Contraception Guide and find Local Services
- If your condom splits and you need the EHC (morning after pill), then look for the Blue EHC logo on the doors or windows of pharmacies in Redbridge. The tablet will be free from these sites.
- For long lasting conception speak to your GP or the sexual health clinic
- To find out about relationship abuse and what is a healthy relationship go to Disrespect Nobody website
Chlamydia is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the UK, affecting both men and women, in particular among young people aged between 16 - 24 years old.
Most people don’t experience any symptoms so are unaware they are infected. The only way to find out is to take a test - once it’s been diagnosed, chlamydia can be easily be treated.