Strategies plans and policy
The Redbridge Schools Forum is a statutory body required by the Schools Forum Regulations, set by the Department for Education. Comprising the head teacher and governing body representatives from the primary, secondary and special school sectors and non-representatives, their responsibilities include agreeing the ‘Scheme for Financing Schools’ and being consulted on funding changes in schools.
Each local authority has to report each summer to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator on how the admission arrangements are working in its area. The report must cover all schools in the local area and is used to ensure a fair and open admissions system.
The determined community schools’ admissions criteria, including admission numbers and Supplementary Information Forms.
- Admission arrangements for Redbridge community primary and secondary schools 2018-19 (PDF 220.75 KB)
- Admission Arrangements for Redbridge Community Primary and Secondary Schools 2017-18 (PDF 188.29KB)
The determined scheme for secondary co-ordination.
- Co-ordinated Secondary Schools Admissions Scheme in the area of Redbridge Local Authority 2018-19 (PDF 172.15 KB)
- Co-ordinated Secondary Admissions Scheme for schools in Redbridge Local Education Authority 2017-18 (PDF 170KB)
The determined scheme for primary co-ordination.
- Co-ordinated Primary Schools Admissions Scheme in the area of Redbridge Local Authority 2018-19 (PDF 172.15 KB)
- Co-ordinated Primary Admissions Scheme for schools in Redbridge Local Education Authority 2017-18 (PDF 140.42KB)
The determined policy for 'Hard to place' and vulnerable groups of pupils.
Capital funding and how it works
The Education Estate Capital Strategy provides an explanation of how Children's Services uses capital funding and how it prioritises any bids made for funding. It also details how Children's Services capital needs fit into the Corporate system.
Home to school transport arrangements for children with special educational needs
This strategy, to be reviewed annually, outlines how we will support our schools to improve.
How we will support our school governors.
Teacher Recruitment and Retention
A strategy to ensure top quality teachers are recruited, appointed, supported and retained in Redbridge schools.
Letting Schools Premises
Guidance on 'Letting School Premises' has been made available to all Redbridge schools, including a model policy document.
Schools are advised to use their discretion in applying this model policy and its procedures to their settings. Where a school feels they could benefit from adopting this policy, the document and appendices should be adapted and amended to appropriately reflect specific arrangements and requirements of individual schools.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org