Latest service information
- The entrance test is expected to take place on Saturday 17 October 2020.
- Testing arrangements will be sent out via email 10 days prior to the finalised date for testing.
- Please note that the test date could change if circumstances and/or Government guidelines require us to do so.
- All changes will be advised to you via email and updates posted on this page
- In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and social distancing requirements on public transport and in schools, outside of set school bubbles, parents of out of Common Catchment Area candidates may wish to re-consider the value of their child sitting the test, as no place has been offered to an out of Common Catchment Area candidate in the previous five years, or been placed any higher than 120 on the waiting list for either grammar schools.
2020 - 11 Plus test results and statistics
The information provided is in relation to registrations received for the 11 plus and for those who sat the test for the Redbridge Grammar Schools for entry in September 2020.
When to register for the Redbridge 11 Plus selection test
Registrations are now closed.
11 Plus registration for Ilford County High School for boys and Woodford County High School for girls starting in September 2021, opened on Wednesday 1 May 2020 and closed at 5pm on Wednesday 24 June 2020. No late registrations will be accepted.
Where the tests are taken
Your child is expected to sit the test at the grammar school you most want them to attend.
Date of the 11 plus selection test
Tests are expected to be Saturday 17 October 2020. Should this date change, further updates will be posted on this page and emailed to those who have registered.
Travel arrangements and parking for open evenings and test day
There will be no parking facilities available at either school site, except for those who have displayed a disabled badge.
Please use public transport. There will be very restricted parking in the local area and there will be parking patrols enforcing these restrictions, ensuring that local residents around the schools are able to access their properties without hindrance. Please respect the privacy of local residents and do not trespass on their properties or throw litter in their gardens.
- Ilford County High School – please check the school website for open evening arrangements.
- Woodford County High School – please check the school website for open evening arrangements.
Examination board for the 11 Plus selection test
The examination board is CEM (Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring) and is part of the University of Cambridge.
CEM produces a familiarisation booklet to inform parents and pupils about its 11 Plus selective assessment test. The booklet includes examples that show the range of skills needed to complete the assessment and the way questions are answered. This familiarisation booklet is not definitive and the type of questions included in the booklet does not guarantee they will be in the final assessment:
Familiarisation Booklet for 2021 Entry (PDF 1.37MB)
Register for the 11 Plus