Free school meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a hot free school meal.
If your child is in Year 3 or above, and you receive one of the listed qualifying benefits, you should make an application for free school meals.
Qualifying benefits for free school meals
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of 6 April 2010 does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit -during the 4-week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
- Universal Credit
Young benefit claimants application for free school meals
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
How to apply for free school meals online
You will need to supply evidence that you receive at least one of these benefits, so please have the documents scanned or photographed ready to upload when you make your online application.
Council Tax support
Do you get any help with your Council Tax? If not and you are finding it difficult to meet your payments please visit the Council Tax webpages.