Free school meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a hot free school meal.
If your child is in Year 3 or above, and you receive one of the listed qualifying benefits, you should make an application for free school meals.
Qualifying benefits for free school meals
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Young benefit claimants application for free school meals
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
How to apply for free school meals online
You will need to supply evidence that you receive at least one of these benefits, so please have the documents scanned or photographed ready to upload when you make your online application.
Council Tax support
Do you get any help with your Council Tax? If not and you are finding it difficult to meet your payments please visit the Council Tax webpages.