Behaviour and inclusion
The Behaviour and Inclusion team are responsible for ensuring that pupils, who have been permanently excluded from either Redbridge schools or schools from other local authorities where the pupil resides in Redbridge, are placed in appropriate, alternative educational provision (Education Other than At School - EOTAS) from the sixth day of their permanent exclusion. The team supports schools and families by providing advice relating to legal processes concerning permanent exclusions, including appeals.
The team also supports head teachers, schools, parents and other agencies working with pupils who are at risk of permanent exclusion. They offer guidance and best practice solutions regarding behaviour management, developing efficient management systems, encouraging good practice through partnership working and reducing the incidences of poor behaviour and exclusions.
The multi-agency, Redbridge Inclusion Panel, chaired by the head of Behaviour and Inclusion, monitors and oversees the placement, progress and reintegration into mainstream, of all pupils placed in EOTAS provision including those with health needs.
In conjunction with school professionals, the Behaviour and Inclusion team monitors the quality of alternative provision available to pupils within EOTAS to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people of Redbridge.
Statutory guidance relating to behaviour & inclusion
- Exclusion from maintained schools, academies and pupil referral units in England (PDF 384.71KB)
- Ensuring a good education for children who cannot attend school because of health needs (PDF 361.39KB)
- The Constance Bridgeman Centre: is a Key Stage 4 pupil referral unit, which provides education for up to 42 young people in years 10 and 11
- The Redbridge Tuition Service: is a Key Stage 3 and 4 pupil referral unit that provides education for up to 48 pupils in school years 7 to 11
- The Redbridge Home Tuition Service: provides education to children and young people of compulsory school age (5 to 16) who are temporarily unable to attend school for health reasons