Try Before You Bike
Try Before You Bike (TBYB) is a scheme that allows anyone who lives, works, or studies in Redbridge to try out a new or nearly new bike for a monthly fee, that can be claimed back if you decide to buy the bike.
- You can begin by hiring a bike for a monthly fee. Monthly hire starts at:
- £10 per month for kids bikes
- £30 per month for a standard hybrid bike or folding bike
- £75 for an electric bike
- £200 for an electric cargo bike
- Included in the hire cost is insurance against theft and damage, essential accessories like lights, lock and a helmet and free delivery to your door by a cycling expert who will help get you started
- If you love your bike and want to keep it you get the hire fees deducted from the purchase price, and you can pay the balance through an interest free payment plan or by using a Cycle to Work scheme
- All bikes are from good quality from brands like Raleigh and Ridgeback, and the TBYB online ordering system makes it simple to select the right size bike for you
If you are a beginner or want to build your confidence on a bike we recommend you explore the free cycle skills sessions that may be available to you via the Council’s cycle training program. Details will be provided when you order your bike, or by looking at the boroughs cycle training page.
Thousands of Londoners have already started cycling using this flexible and supportive scheme, finding it is a great way to get into cycling if you are not yet ready or unsure about committing to buying a new bike now.
Find out more from our partners Peddle My Wheels who run the scheme on our behalf on the Try Before You Bike webpage.