High Streets improvement fund
High Streets Improvement Grant Scheme
The High Streets Improvement Grant Scheme aims to support business owners and business operators to make improvements and adaptations to their properties which will benefit their business and support the wider economic recovery and stability of Redbridge town centres and High Streets.
This is a one-off grant payment to support businesses with the cost of improvements, and will cover 50% of the costs of works carried out (maximum grant award of £10,000).
The High Street Improvement Grant Scheme is open to all freeholders and leaseholders with at least 5 years remaining on the lease for property related applications. Those businesses that can apply include:
- Businesses within Redbridge’s district and local town centres.
- Applications can be made by individual businesses or a group of businesses within a street parade or cluster.
- We particularly encourage applications from High Street based businesses most affected by Covid-19 related restrictions.
The scheme is aimed at supporting businesses across town centres in Redbridge.
Given the existing programme of regeneration activity in Ilford town centre, we particularly welcome applications from businesses that trade from any of the locations listed below:
District Town Centres
A123 High Road Barkingside
|Fulwell Cross to Tanners Lane|
|Chadwell Heath||A118 High Road||
Belfairs Rd to Station Rd (inc. Wangey Rd)
A12 Eastern Ave
A400 Woodford Ave
A123 Cranbrook RdA123 Cranbrook Rd
Roundabout to Beehive Lane
Roundabout to Gants Hill Crescent
Roundabout to Bramley CrescentRoundabout to Shere Avenue
B168 George Lane
A1199 Woodford High Road
Woodford High Rd to Kenwood Gardens
Glebelands Ave to Woodford Health Centre
Woodford Rd A1199 to A12 Eastern Avenue
Neighbourhood Town Centres
B177 Goodmayes RdA1083 Green Lane
A118 High Rd to Green LaneGoodmayes Rd to Bloomfield Rd
|Ilford Lane||A123 Ilford Lane||Winston Way to St Lukes Ave|
|Manford Way||Manford Way||Fallow Close to Fernie Close|
Ley StreetHorns Road
Cranley Drive to 752 Eastern Avenue
Eastern Ave to Clifton RoadEastern Ave to Greengate Parade
|Seven Kings||A118 High Road||Cameron Rd to Goodmayes Rd|
Snakes Lanes West
Snakes Lane East
Barnabas Road ParadeHillside Avenue Parade
Croft Lodge Close to Broadway CloseWoodford Station to Theydon Grove
|Woodford Bridge||A113 Chigwell Road||Ashton Playing field to no.694|
The following organisations/businesses are not eligible:
- National retailers/chains/multiples with stores in more than 3 locations
- Betting Shops/Pawnbrokers/payday loan providers
- Banks and buildings societies.
How the grant can be used
Businesses can apply for funding for the following (this list is not exhaustive):
- Painting, decorating, decluttering and repairing of shopfronts
- Shop jacket or screening of vacant and empty shops
- Permeable shutters
- Signage and awning renewal
- Creating a wider DDA compliant access.
- Energy efficient improvements
- Empty space activation (bringing long-term vacant commercial units into use)
- Interior layout (shelving, sight lines, window display, stock arrangement
- Digital technology
The grant will not fund:
- Recurring or other revenue costs (including: maintenance, salaries, stock, rent, utility charges)
- Repaying existing loans or debts
- Fund projects where other public funding has been accessed
- Works to part of the building that are residential or not used by customers
- Proposals from businesses with outstanding or impending enforcement action
- Maintenance costs of any works carried out and funded through this scheme.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online using the link below