Wanstead Grove Conservation Area appraisal and management plan (CAAMP) consultation
Redbridge Council invites you to comment on the Wanstead Grove Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan (CAAMP) consultation draft.
We want your feedback
Redbridge Council has been working on a Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan (CAAMP) for the Wanstead Grove Conservation Area. We have produced a draft document, which we now need your feedback on to ensure it incorporates local knowledge and responds to local priorities.
- Consultation Survey for the Wanstead Grove Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Proposal (CAAMP)
- Wanstead Grove Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Proposal (CAAMP) consultation document (PDF 7,250KB)
What is a conservation area?
Conservation areas exist to manage and protect the special architectural and historic interest of a place. Within a conservation area, there are extra planning controls to protect the features that make it unique. They are normally designated by the local authority.
What does a CAAMP do?
- It guides future change, development, and design within a conservation area.
- It recognises designated and non-designated heritage within the area which contribute to its special interest and character.
- It considers how the area developed, its building styles, materials, scale, roads, footpaths, open spaces, views, and landscape. These qualities are used to assess the character of the area, highlighting the potential impact future development may have on built heritage within it.
A 12-week consultation period for the draft Wanstead Grove CAAMP (PDF 7,520KB) has now begun.
It will run between 22 January and 15 April 2024. There are several different ways to engage and give your comments.
You can submit your comments on the appraisal document through the Let’s Talk Redbridge consultation platform via the first link at the top of the page. You will need to register before the platform will allow you to submit your response.
A public meeting will take place between 2pm and 6pm on 7 February 2024 at the Churchill Room at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead E11 2RQ. Officers representing Redbridge Council will be there to answer questions for the duration of the event. This is a drop-in session with no need to reserve a place in advance. There will be printed feedback forms at this event to respond to the consultation. If you have any access issues for the venue or if you will need any special requirements please contact Ewan Coke at email@example.com or call on 020 87082273.