Changes Guidance Notes

Please read these guidance notes carefully before you complete the application form.

Completing the form

Please remember to tick all relevant boxes and upload all the documentation required.

Please be advised that if your application form is incorrectly or partially completed or if incorrect documentation is provided, your application will be rejected and the issue of your permit(s) may be delayed.


Change of vehicle

If you have changed your vehicle you must not alter your existing permit. Any alterations made to a permit will make it invalid. Instead you must provide proof that the permit has been destroyed together with proof of vehicle ownership. A replacement permit will be issued which will show the same expiry date as your previous permit.  You are required to pay an administration charge of £20.00 for this service.

Once your application is approved the  VRM will be placed on to our disregard list. This will allow you to park your vehicle within your permit zone without displaying a permit. You do not need to display anything. Once you have received your paper permit, this must be displayed within your vehicle.

Destroyed permits

Torn up permit

Image of a permit marked with a cross through it

Proof of residency and vehicle ownership

For proof of residency

Please provide a photocopy of one of the following documents which must clearly show your name and address:

  • Council Tax Bill
  • Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Completed and signed Tenancy agreement
  • Driving Licence

For proof of vehicle ownership

If you are the registered owner of the vehicle, please provide a photocopy of one of the following documents as proof of ownership.  The document must clearly show your name, address and registration number:

  • Vehicle registration document
  • Sales invoice for the vehicle (Only a formal invoice will be accepted, hand written receipts are not sufficient)
  • Valid Certificate of Insurance & policy schedule (The documents must show your name and address where the vehicle will be kept which must correspond with your proof of residency)

If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle (e.g. the vehicle is a company car, lease car, rental car), please provide a photocopy of one of the following documents as proof that you have the right to use the vehicle:

  • A signed and dated letter from your employer (if using company car) stating that you are an employee of the company and giving the vehicle registration number and address where the vehicle will be kept. You will also need to supply a copy of the vehicle log book or lease agreement showing the vehicle is registered to that company
  • a hiring/leasing agreement
  • a valid certificate of insurance & policy schedule (The documents must show you as a named driver and address where the vehicle will be kept which must correspond with your proof of residency)



Once your application is approved we will contact you on the phone number you provided on your application to process the payment.


Contacting the parking team

If you have any questions or need help filling in your application form, contact us by e-mail


Data protection statement

The London Borough of Redbridge uses your personal data for the administration and sale of parking permits. We collect your name, address and vehicle registration, as well as proof of vehicle ownership and residency. This information is provided consensually by anyone wishing to purchase a permit, it is not mandated by legislation. The information is needed to verify you live within a permit parking zone and provide you with a permit to park in the area. We share information with internal departments such as those responsible for disabled parking badges and bays and the Council Tax Department for the purpose of the prevention and detection of fraud. Your information will be retained for 3 years after the life of the permit, after which time it will be destroyed. If you are concerned about how the council is using your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via or on 0208 708 3890. More information about your rights is available on our website (, or via the Information Commissioner (