Parking in Redbridge
Permit parking (controlled parking zones)
We provide on-street parking in specific areas, controlled during specified times, in certain areas. These are known as permit parking zones . You can check which areas are in a permit zone using our map
Operation hours of zones vary and you should check on street signs.
On bank holidays we do not enforce:
- resident permit bays
- pay and display bays
- business permit holder bays
- doctor’s bays
- loading bays
- motorcycle bays
- shared use bays, which allow use business permit and pay & display parking
- single yellow lines (except where kerb chevrons indicate that a loading ban is in operation or those that are operational on a Sunday)
Other types of parking zones
All day waiting restrictions: yellow lines
These zones will have clear and prominent zone entry points where the times of operation will be shown. Single and double yellow lines will operate in all controlled parking zones
- For single yellow lines please check the nearest time plate or zone entrance signs
- Double yellow lines are enforceable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
One-hour commuter parking zone
These zones have single yellow lines that operate between the hours specified in each zone. This means that if you park on a single yellow line which is restricted as per its sign you could get a parking ticket.