30 minutes free parking is available to everyone at our local on-street pay and display bays.
How it works
- you can get a free 30 minute ticket from the nearest pay and display machine from where you have parked
- press the green button for your ticket
- you should display this on your car dashboard as normal
- alternatively, a free 30 minute session can be obtained through RingGo using the details on the side of the machine RingGo service to pay on your mobile
You will receive a penalty charge notice if no ticket is displayed or if your time has expired. Free sessions can only be used once and must not be used one after the other.
On street pay and display charges
Parking charges are displayed on pay and display machines. Parking is free in pay and display bays on Bank Holidays.
You can buy a season ticket which allows you to park in designated areas or your chosen car park for:
- one month
- three months
- six months
- one year
The charges vary for each car park or area, please select the form for your preferred car park below.
Car parks have a limited number of season ticket spaces and may get full, we will let you know if this is the case.
Season tickets issued are only valid for the car park requested, you cannot use your season ticket in another car park.
If you lose or misplace your season ticket you must apply again for a new ticket, we do not issue replacements.
If your permit has been stolen you must provide us with a crime reference number. The replacement permit will show the same expiry date as your previous permit. An admin charge of £20 will apply, please call parking management to report a stolen permit 020 8708 3636.
If you have changed vehicle, you need to tell us as soon as possible. An admin fee of £20 will be charged and you need to return the permit, to arrange a new permit call parking management 0208 708 3636.
- Cranbrook Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- Courtway application form (Redbridge Magistrates) (PDF 32KB)
- Craven Gardens application form (PDF 32KB)
- Derby Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- Eastwood Close application form (PDF 32KB)
- Goodmayes Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- Grove Park application form (PDF 32KB)
- High Road South Woodford (PDF 32KB)
- Mulberry Way application form (PDF 32KB)
- Seven Kings High Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- Sir James Hawkey Hall application form (PDF 32KB)
- Station Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- Viaduct - George Lane application form (PDF 3KB)
- Viaduct - Eastwood application form (PDF 32KB)
- Wangey Road application form (PDF 32KB)
- School drop off - pick up permit application form (PDF 32KB)
Ley Street multi-storey season tickets are available online via RingGo quoting location code number 17191.
If a pay and display machine is not working
All of our pay and display machines are checked regularly and faults are repaired as soon as possible.
If you find a pay-and-display machine that is out of order you must do one of the following:
- Use the RingGo cashless payment system
- Move your vehicle to the nearest bay that has a working pay-and-display machine
Report a fault
To report a faulty pay and display machine please email email@example.com with the following information:
- The street or car park where the machine is located
- The location ID that is displayed at the bottom of the tariff information
- What has indicated a fault
RingGo cashless payments
You can use RingGo to make cashless parking payments over the phone or by text using the RingGo app.
To use this service you should follow the instructions on the pay and display machine noting the 4 digit reference number for your location.