Blue Badge documents, accepted proofs and photos
Documents you need before you apply
You are likely to receive a Blue Badge if you provide evidence of the reason that you qualify and can prove your identity and residency.
When you fill in the application form you’ll be asked for this information:
- your National Insurance number
- a passport standard photo for the badge
- proof of your identity
- proof of your address (dated in the last 12 months)
- evidence to show the reason that you qualify for a badge
How can I provide a photo?
You can upload the photo with your application. If you are not able to upload your photograph when applying then you can email it to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It must be a taken in the last 12 months, clear and front facing picture of the applicant's full face.
- It is not acceptable to wear a hat or scarf. In the case of religious preferences, the scarf should not hide your face.
- If you are wearing dark lenses, we may require you to provide a new picture without glasses, unless you are registered blind.
How do I prove my identity?
You must provide one form of proof from the list below:
- Birth certificate/adoption certificate
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate
- Valid driving licence
- Civil Partnership/Dissolution certificate
- HM Forces ID card
- Identity card for foreign nationals
- Certificate of British nationality
You can upload the ID with your application. If you are not able to upload your photograph when applying then you can email it to us via email@example.com.
How can I prove where I live?
The options for proving that you live in Redbridge are:
- Council Tax bill with your name and address, dated within the last 12 months
- Give consent for the LA to check school records to confirm your address
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction award letter dated within the last 12 months
- Benefit award letter from the Department for Work and Pensions dated within the last 12 months
- Valid photo card driving licence
- For applicants under 16, a letter from your school confirming your address
- Letter from another LA service confirming that you are resident
- Award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
- Letter from the Pension Service
You can upload the proof of address with your application. If you are not able to upload this when applying then you can email it to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment for the badge
The charge for a Blue Badge is £10. This must be paid before the badge is issued, either by debit or credit card. Please note, we do not accept cheque, cash or postal orders.
You can enter card payment details with your application.
Please note that a successful payment does not mean that your badge has been awarded. If your application is refused we will refund your payment.
If you are not able to pay when making your application then we will contact you if your application is approved. We will then ask you to key in your details using a secure payment line.
Your personal details
The information you enter for a Blue Badge application is personal and important.
To protect your details, we will clear them if you stop completing your application for more than 60 minutes, but you will be warned before this happens, you can extend the time you have if you wish.
If you need help, call the Blue Badge Team on 020 7520 7205 or email email@example.com