There are 24 allotment sites within the Borough. Fourteen are directly let from Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure and the other 10 are managed by societies or independent voluntary organisations. If you live in Redbridge and are over the age of 18 you can apply to rent an allotment from one of our allotment societies please see list below.
View the map of all our allotments to find your nearest one.
All of our plots are occupied and our waiting lists are oversubscribed and will remain closed until further notice.
Facilities on allotment sites vary but usually include piped water and toilets. Some sites have parking and society trading huts. Societies have their own rates of hire please contact the relevant society for more information.
Allotments run by the Seven Kings and Goodmayes Allotment Society:
- Benton Road
- Goodmayes Lane
- Vicarage Lane North and South
- Wards Road North and South
For enquiries about these allotments please contact Shan Evans.
Allotments run by the North Hainault Allotment Holders and Preservation Society:
- New North Road
- Tomswood Hill (Fullwell Avenue)
Allotments run by Chadwell Heath and District Small Holding Society:
- Hainault Road
To enquire about this allotment please contact Terry Dickinson.
Allotments run by Roding and Redbridge Horticultural Society:
- Roding Lane South
To enquire about this allotment please contact Peter Gillespie.
- Empress Avenue, Wanstead
- Barley Lane, Goodmayes
- Chadwell Heath, Chadwell Heath Lane
- Chigwell Road
- Forest Farm, Hazelbrouck gardens, Hainault
- Horn Lane, Woodford
- Lincoln Road, Woodford
- Loxford Lane, Ilford
- Redbridge Lane North, Nutter Lane, Wanstead
- Redbridge Lane West, Wanstead
- Roding Lane North
- The Glade, Fullwell ward
- Thornton Road, Ilford
- Wanstead Park Road, Royston Gardens
Facilities on allotment sites vary but usually include piped water and toilets. Some sites have parking and society trading huts.
Allotment charges 2018/19
|Charges per Rod for more than 5.1 Rods||Charges per Rod for 5 Rods and below|
|Non Redbridge residents||£15.40||£16.70|
- All of our waiting lists are over subscribed and will remain closed until further notice. Societies have their own rates of hire please see list above and contact the relevant society for more information.
- One rod is equal to 25 square metres. Our allotment gardens vary in size but are normally 5 rods (125 square metres) or 10 rods (250 square metres).
- Our allotment rent varies from site to site. We review the rent every year.
- Concessions are available for pensioners and registered disabled.