Our five year housing strategy aims to see 1,000 affordable homes built in this period.
Ambitious plans focus on creating successful neighbourhoods by providing high quality homes that people want to live in and creating places where people want to stay.
The 2017 to 2022 strategy focuses on four main themes to tackle the borough’s housing issues and improve the quality and quantity of homes. These are:
- increasing housing supply
- meeting housing need
- working with landlords to improve the private rented sector
- being an excellent landlord
Planned actions include:
- increasing the supply of housing and creating ‘genuinely affordable’ homes on Council-owned sites
- reviewing the Housing Allocations Scheme and strengthening the Housing Needs Service to offer more choice and support and prevent homelessness,
- reducing the use of bed and breakfast accommodation
- extending private sector property licensing
- building on relationships with tenants and leaseholders to create an excellent service.
You can read the Redbridge 2017 to 2022 Housing Strategy (PDF 2.2MB) and the Housing Service Plan 2018/2019 (PDF 1MB) for more information.