Working hours for caretaking staff are from 8am to 4pm (Monday to Friday). A limited service is provided to high rise blocks at weekends and public holidays.
Contact 0800 393994 or 020 8498 8000 for urgent matters only outside of these hours
Our caretaking staff wear a uniform and carry identification. Most of our caretakers work as part of a mobile team serving various estates within their patch.
- cleaning of hallways, stairs, landings, window ledges and light fittings
- checks of refuse chutes and bin areas for blockages and excess refuse
- cleaning and sweeping of bin rooms and chute rooms (if these are present)
- cleaning and checking of lifts if applicable
- sweeping of paths, roadways and car parks within the control of Housing Services
- reporting abandoned vehicles
- removing litter from Housing owned estate areas
- reporting communal repairs and any emergencies such as fire, flooding, gas leaks, crime etc whilst on site
- checking communal lights, replacing faulty light bulbs and reporting any defects, including faulty lamp posts
- removal of items dumped or fly tipped on estates and to report those responsible, if known
- advising residents on matters regarding their estate ie. the date(s) of rubbish collection, car parking and rubbish disposal
- meeting health and safety requirements applicable to all tasks