Dad and daughter hugging

Approved venues in Redbridge

Want to find out what else might be on offer? Check out our venues which are approved for marriages, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies.

There are several approved venues for marriage, civil partnership and other ceremonies in Redbridge.

Plan your ceremony

There are certain legal things that have to happen on the day of your ceremony.

Whichever venue you book for your ceremony, you will also need to book a registrar to attend the venue to conduct the ceremony.

Details of how to do this will be given to you at the venue or find out how to book a registrar.

You do not need to book a registrar for ceremonies at  the Library Suite or the Roding Room. 

If you would like to book any of the venues you will need to contact the venue directly.

Outdoors venues

It is possible to have the whole legal ceremony outdoors at an approved venue, including the signing of the schedule.

You'll need to confirm that your venue is offering legal outdoor ceremonies and that the outdoor location has been approved by the registration service.

Read the Government guidance for couples on outdoor civil marriage and civil partnership ceremonies

Indoor venues 

These venues are privately owned buildings which have been approved for marriages, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies.

They must have a valid licence at the time of your ceremony.

Arranging a marriage at a place of worship

Same sex couples can only marry in a religious ceremony where the religious organisation has 'opted in' to conduct such ceremonies and the minister of religion agrees.

If you are marrying in any religious building other than the Church of England or Church of Wales, you are still both required to give a notice of marriage.

Couples wishing to marry in the Church of England or Church of Wales where one or both are non-EEA national(s) are required to give their notice of marriage at a register office. 

The church or religious building must normally be situated in the district where you or your partner live unless either of you usually go to worship in that building. 

You may also get married in another district if there is no building of your religion in the district where you or your partner lives. 

The marriage can only take place at the venue you name on the notice of marriage. If you change the venue you will have to give and pay for, fresh notices of marriage.

If the church or religious building you are getting married in does not have its own authorised person to register the marriage, you will need to arrange for a registrar to attend. The cost for this is £104 for the marriage plus £12.50 for the marriage certificate.

If you need a registrar to attend, you should check that a registrar is available for your chosen date and time, before you give your notices of marriage.