Sexual harassment and public safety concerns

Where to report sexual harassment and raise concerns about public safety 

In an emergency always call 999

Please remember that if you feel like a situation could get heated or violent very soon, if someone is in immediate danger or if you need support right away, please call 999 for emergency police and ambulance services.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the Police's textphone service at 18000 or text them on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.


If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of a crime, please report it to the police.

You can report an incident directly to the police by: 

  • calling 101 if it isn't an emergency,
  • through the Met Police website 
  • by going to the nearest police station to you

For more information about support for victims and witnesses of crime and to understand what can be reported to the police, please see the Metropolitan Police website.

If the incident took place on the train, you can: 

  • text the British Transport Police on 61016,
  • call 0800 40 50 40
  • report online at the British Transport Police website 
  • You can also download the British Transport Police app Railway Guardian from the App Store or Google Play Store. Through here you can report concerns about unwanted behaviour, crimes and unsafe spaces. You can also access safety advice and helpful information

If you would like to report an individual or incident of sexual harassment whilst remaining anonymous, you can report to the national independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or by reporting online.

More information on sexual harassment and reporting can be found on the Crimestoppers website.

StreetSafe is a pilot service for anyone to anonymously tell the Police about public spaces where you have felt or feel unsafe. This may be because of environmental issues, such as a lack of street lighting, abandoned buildings or vandalism or because individuals’ behaviours e.g. being followed or verballed abused. Please note: 'StreetSafe' is not for reporting crimes or incidents.

If you notice issues on the streets such as broken street lights and overhanging vegetation, please report it through our Report street and highways page to be resolved.