Pay Council Tax
How to pay
Is the quickest and easiest way to pay your council tax. You will be notified in advance and all payments are guaranteed by your bank. You can spread your payments and have a choice of payment date to suit you.
- Set up a Council Tax direct debit online and we will set up the payments for you
- download a Direct Debit form (PDF61KB) and return it to us
How often Council Tax payments can be made
Your council tax bill is split into 10 monthly payments. You can extend this to 12 months if that makes it easier for you to manage.
- in 1 instalment on 4 April
- in 2 instalments on 4 April and 4 September
- in 10 or 12 instalments on the 4th of each month
- If you would like to switch to 12 instalments please email email@example.com
- please try and pay at least 4 working days early so we receive your payment on time
- non direct debit payments must be paid on the 4th of each month.
Other ways that you can pay your Council Tax
Payments through your bank
- quote sort code 57-96-51 and account number 00000000 (our account number is eight zeros, so please make sure you put this number in however odd it may seem)
- quote your Council Tax reference
Payments by phone
Please phone 020 8708 4708 to pay by credit/debit card. The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We accept payments from Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Debit, Electron and Solo cards.
Please have ready your reference number, your credit or debit card and the amount you need to pay.
Text Relay customers should dial 18001 before this number to access the Text Relay service.
Payments in person
You can pay your Council Tax bills in more than 40 post offices and 200 local shops across Redbridge. Payments are accepted in cash, cheques and debit card, check the post office branch finder to find your nearest Post Office branch. The maximum payment on a single transaction is £999.99
Cash only payments can be made through the in-store PayPoint service. Check the PayPoint locator to find your nearest PayPoint shop. The maximum payment on a single transaction £200.
You will need your payment barcode which is located on the back of your paper bill. If you are signed up to our e-billing service then please request the barcode by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a Council Tax payment to a Redbridge Council enforcement agent (bailiff)
If the account you need to make a payment to is currently with our enforcement agent (bailiff) for collection, this payment should be made directly to the enforcement agent.
Please contact the relevant enforcement agencies: