Council Tax Reduction

Have your say on the 2022/2023 Council Tax Reduction Scheme 

You can apply for a council tax reduction if:

  • you are on a low income and are the person responsible for paying Council Tax
  • you are a pensioner who shares your home with another adult (not a partner or civil partner) who is unable to pay towards the Council Tax you can apply for Second Adult Rebate
  • you are unsure if you can apply you can always contact us at

Council Tax reduction is based on your household and income. We will pay some or all of your Council Tax for you if you qualify. You will not be entitled to a discount if you have over £16,000 in capital. 

Apply for Council Tax Reduction





Note that feedback relates only to this page and it's content. You can also feedback about the entire site.

For complaints or compliments, please go to Complaints or Compliments

Rate this page:

Thanks for your feedback