We can all feel lonely at different points in our life and the experience will be different for everyone. We hope that the following resources can provide information, advice and support.
Age UK has a variety of support, information and advice on loneliness. Including guides on:
Call: 0800 678 1602, open 8am to 7pm everyday
Mental health charity Mind has a dedicated page on loneliness with information on what it is, practical tips and useful contacts.
You can also connect with people using their Elefriends online community, as safe place to talk about your mental health.
The Silver Line
The Silver Line is a free confidential helpline who provide information, friendship and advice for older people.
Call: 0800 470 80 90, open 24 hours a day every day
Re-engage offer a volunteer call companion service for people over 75 who live alone. You can also help support by volunteering to be a companion.
Call: 0800 716543
The Mix offer for the under 25s dealing with loneliness, mental health and other issues. You can connect via the online community, social media or through their confidential helpline.
Call: 0808 808 4994
Connecting with people in the local area can help to manage loneliness. Please see our list of resources below:
- Redbridge Dementia befriending service
- Redbridge befriending service
- The British Red Cross can connect you to people within your local community and find volunteering opportunities
- The University of the Third Age (U3A) brings people together in the local area to develop their interests and continue learning in a friendly and informal environment
- Redbridge Joins Together Facebook group is a place to ask for support or volunteer
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and give back to the community. Please see our list of resources below:
- Age UK digital buddy- help older people get online at their own pace
- Neighbourly volunteering -help older people staying at home due to COVID-19
- Vinspired connects young people to the volunteer opportunities with the causes they care about
- Do it and RedbridgeCVS -can connect you to volunteering opportunities in your local area