New rules after the transition
With Europe start on 01 January 2021
There are under 50 days until the end of the transition period and the current rules on trading with the EU will no longer apply.
There will be no extension. Businesses will see changes whether we reach an agreement with the EU or not.
Regardless of whether we reach a trade agreement with the EU, from 1 January there will be guaranteed changes to:
- the way your business can import and export goods
- the process your business follows for hiring people from the EU
- the way your business will be able to provide services in EU markets
Help is available. To best prepare your business you can:
1. Check what actions you need to take by visiting gov.uk /transition.
2. Sign up for updates.
3. Attend government webinars for additional support, you can sign up to attend BEIS webinars now
Unless you take action, there is a risk your business operations will be interrupted. You should also check with your suppliers and customers that they are taking action.
Businesses will play an essential role in ensuring a smooth end to the transition period and government will be there to support you.