Fireworks storage licensing
There are only certain times at which fireworks can be sold:
- Bonfire Night - Sunday 15 October to Friday 10 November
- New Year's Eve - Tuesday 26 December to Sunday 31 December
- Chinese New Year - on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the three days preceding it
- Diwali - on the day of Diwali and the three days preceding it
If you wish to store and sell fireworks and other explosives in London Borough of Redbridge, you must apply for a licence from the council.
Before applying for a licence to sell fireworks or other explosives you must read the guidance documents below:
- Fireworks in retail premises: Guidance on Regulations (PDF 706 KB)
- Explosives Regulations 2014: Security provisions (PDF 910 KB)
- Storing and selling fireworks safely: Advice for anyone selling fireworks (PDF 175KB)
How to apply
To apply for a licence for your premises for the storage of fireworks or for other explosives, you will need to download the appropriate form below and pay the appropriate fee. We aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation at all times. To see how we handle personal information, please ensure that you have read our Privacy Notice.
An all-year fireworks licence
If you want to sell fireworks all year round (outside the above dates) you will need to buy an extra licence. To apply for one, you will need to download the additional form below:
You must not store explosives / fireworks until you have been granted a licence. Licences will be refused if the site is unsuitable or the applicant is considered not to be a fit person to store explosives
Further information is available from GOV.UK: fireworks manufacture and storage licences and Health and Safety Executive (HSE): fireworks.