How to pay your business rates
There are a number of ways you can pay your Business Rates. You can choose which payment method is appropriate for you.
Making a payment
Your annual business rates are automatically spread over 10 monthly payments. You can extend this to 12 months if that is easier for you to manage. If you want an extended payment plan, please e-mail email@example.com or telephone 0208 708 4357.
Direct Debit is the quickest and easiest way to pay your business rates. You will be notified in advance and all payments are guaranteed by your bank.
With Direct Debit, you can spread your payments and have a choice of payment dates to suit you. Choose from 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th or 25th of each month.
- If you want to pay by Direct Debit, please telephone us on 0208 708 4357 and we will set up the payments for you.
- However, if you have a company account which requires two or more signatories, please click on the link Direct Debit form (PDF 63KB) to download a Direct Debit mandate and return by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by post to London Borough of Redbridge, Revenues, Benefits and Transactional Centre, 6th Floor, Lynton House, 255-259 High Road, Ilford Essex IG1 1NN
- Coming soon - we will offer the facility to sign up online.
You have the option to pay:
- in 1 instalment in April or
- in 2 instalments in April and September or
- by 10 monthly instalments or
- by 12 monthly instalments
Any business that wants to switch to 12 instalments has to let Redbridge Council know so we can change the payment method. When you opt to pay by 12 monthly instalments, this will automatically be carried forward each financial year.
You can pay your Business Rates online by Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Visa Delta or Solo cards.
To pay over the phone please phone our automated telephone payment line 020 8708 4708 and have ready your Business Rate reference number as well as the amount you need to pay.
Post office or Paypoint outlet
You can pay at the Post office by cash, cheque or debit card (up to £999) and any shop showing the Paypoint sign by cash only (up to £200). You will need to take your bill with you.
More information regarding payment methods are shown on the back of your bill.
Send your payment to:
Operational Director Revenues, Benefits & Transactional Centre
255-259 High Road
Please write 'A/C payee only' across your cheque or postal order and make it payable to 'London Borough of Redbridge'. Please also write your Business Rate reference number on the back. We will only send a receipt if you request one.
At a bank
There may be a delay between you making your payment and the payment reaching us. So please pay at least 4 working days early to make sure we receive your payment on time. If you don't pay at your own bank, the bank will charge you for dealing with your payment.
Quote Sort Code: 62-10-37
Account number: 00000000
Please ensure you quote your Business Rate reference
How to make a Business Rate payment to a Council Enforcement Agent (bailiff)
If the account you need to make a payment against is currently with the Council’s Enforcement Agent (bailiff) for collection, then this payment should be made directly to the Enforcement Agent.
Please contact the relevant Enforcement Agencies: