Ceremony venues in Redbridge

There are several approved venues for marriage, civil partnership and other ceremonies in Redbridge. Details of these are below.

Apart from the Redbridge Town Hall, whichever of the approved venues you book for your ceremony, you will also need to book a Registrar to attend the venue to conduct the ceremony. Details of how to do this will either be given to you at the venue or  find out how to book a Registrar.

For ceremonies at the Redbridge Town Hall, please email register.office@redbridge.gov.uk with your contact details and an officer will call you Monday to Friday between 9  to 4pm.

If you would like to book any of the approved venues for a marriage, civil partnership, renewal of vows or a naming ceremony, you will need to contact the venue directly first to check availability and then book the Registrar to attend.

You can also have a ceremony at Redbridge Register Office.

When booking your ceremony, the ceremony fee will be taken in full to secure the booking.

Outdoors at an approved venue

It is possible to have the whole legal ceremony outdoors at an approved venue, including the signing of the schedule. You will need to confirm that your venue is offering legal outdoor ceremonies and that the outdoor location has been approved by the registration service.

Government guidance for couples on outdoor civil marriage and civil partnership ceremonies


Approved venues in Redbridge

These venues are approved for marriages, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies in Redbridge


Arranging a marriage at a place of worship

Same sex couples can only marry in a religious ceremony where the religious organisation has 'opted in' to conduct such ceremonies and the minister of religion agrees.

If you are marrying in any religious building other than the Church of England or Church of Wales, you are still both required to give a notice of marriage.

Couples wishing to marry in the Church of England or Church of Wales where one or both are non-EEA national(s) are required to give their notice of marriage at a register office. 

The church or religious building must normally be situated in the district where you or your partner live unless either of you usually go to worship in that building. 

You may also get married in another district if there is no building of your religion in the district where you or your partner lives. 

The marriage can only take place at the venue you name on the notice of marriage. If you change the venue you will have to give, and pay for, fresh notices of marriage.

If the church or religious building you are getting married in does not have its own authorised person to register the marriage, you will need to arrange for a registrar to attend. Cost is £86.00 for the marriage plus £12.50 for the marriage certificate.

If you need a registrar to attend, you should check that a registrar is available for your chosen date and time, before you give your notices of marriage.