Commercial and trade waste

Complete short questionnaire


Redbridge Council’s first-rate commercial waste service offers a fairly-priced full range of collection options with a proven success record to schools and businesses across the borough. We can provide our reliable services to businesses of all sizes which helps keep our streets clean and tidy.

Why do I need a commercial waste contract?

All businesses (no matter how big or small) are required by law to have waste produced at their premises removed by a registered trade waste carrier.

Business Rates do not cover the cost of waste collection from commercial premises.

It is your duty as a person who produces, keeps or disposes of controlled waste to prevent the escape of waste from your control. This means that you must package the waste in suitable containers so that it cannot escape or blow about. You must make sure that any unauthorised person cannot remove the waste and also secure your waste against animals, accidents or the weather.

How much does the service cost?

Prices start from £3 per collection!

Request a free no-obligation quote by email or call 020 8708 5113 to find out how we can help your business.

We will quote you the annual amount that you will need to pay for us to collect your waste. You are able to set up a monthly direct debit over 5 or 10 months, or you can choose to pay the full amount at a discounted rate. The payment will include any bin hire and VAT. Sack collections are payable in advance of collections.

You can hire commercial bins and purchase sacks from us. You must have a trade waste agreement in place to do so.

We can advise you as to which bin/service will be best for your needs according to the amount of waste your business generates and of any access restrictions which may affect you.  We may ask to visit your premises to see which options would be suitable. 

Discounts are available if you have more than one bin on site.

This table shows our range of bins and sacks available:

Bin/container type

Height (mm)

Width (mm)

Depth (mm)

Max weight


Standard Magenta Sack





minimum collection is one sack per week

Premium Magenta Sack





minimum collection is one sack per week

 360 litres (wheelie bin)





3 to 5 sacks

 660 litres (Euro bin)





8 to 10 sacks

 1100 litres (Euro bin) 





15 to 20 sacks

Why choose us?

You may wish to consider our flexible services for the following key reasons:

  • We offer convenient payment options which includes 0% interest and no hidden charges
  • There is no VAT charged at all on collections and we pass this saving on to our customers
  • We adopt a personal approach as we are uniquely placed in understanding and responding to the local needs of our communities
  • Over 95% of customers are satisfied with our excellent service
  • We have a vested interest in our environment and the well-being of those that live, work and visit Redbridge, and so the revenue from services is re-invested into the local infrastructure to help ensure economic growth
  • We can help support you switch over and ensure a seamless transition to our service from any existing agreement/s in place
  • Waste transfer notes provided at no extra cost

What happens next?

If you would like us to dispose of the waste from your business, we will arrange to set up a trade waste agreement. We will send you a contract and a duty of care which you will need to sign and return to us. We aim to get your bins to the premises the following Monday. If you have requested a sack collection, an invoice will be sent and upon receipt of payment your collections will commence.

We will advise you when your waste will be collected prior to commencement of the service.

Do I have to use the Council’s commercial waste service?

There are other service providers that can collect your waste, but you must ensure that they are licensed by the Environment Agency. GOV.UK has advice on business and commercial waste.

What waste cannot be collected?

The following is waste that is not collected as part of our usual collection:

  • large bulky items
  • clinical waste
  • hazardous waste
  • liquids
  • builders’ rubble

How do I request an additional collection?

Please call the customer contact centre on 020 8554 5000 to request any extra collections as required.

How do I report a missed collection?

Please call the customer contact centre on 020 8554 5000 to report any missed collections. You should only report a missed collection after 3pm on your scheduled day of collection and within 24 hours after the day it was missed.

How do I amend or cancel my agreement?

If you wish to amend or change your agreement please contact us by email or write to us at:

Commercial Waste Services
London Borough of Redbridge

The WREN Centre
531 Ley Street

Can you clean my bin?

We are able to provide a bin cleaning service to customers as an add-on.

Do you offer a commercial recycling service?

We do not currently offer a commercial recycling collection service. However, we are planning to introduce this in the near future and there are other companies that can recycle this waste for you. 


Note that feedback relates only to this page and it's content. You can also feedback about the entire site.

For complaints or compliments, please go to Complaints or Compliments

Rate this page:

Thanks for your feedback