Chigwell Road tip: reuse and recycling
Find us at:
Phone: 0800 389 9918
- open weekdays: Monday to Fridays 7.30am to 4.30pm
- open weekends: Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 4pm
- open bank holidays: 8am to 4pm
- closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years' Day.
Please note to guarantee entry to the site please arrive at least 15 minutes before closing time.
In order to tip your household waste free of charge please bring along a driving licence or a recent Council Tax bill as proof of address. If you are unable or unwilling to provide this information, staff will ask you to leave the site.
The RRC accepts household waste including general rubbish, recycling and limited amounts of 'restricted' waste.
For information on 'restricted' waste please see below.
At the RRC we Re-use and Recycle
(items donated to local charities for refurbishment or resale at low cost)
- bikes find out more about bike recycling
- furniture in good condition
- printer cartridges (please remove packaging)
- shoes in a good condition
- textiles in a good condition
- empty gas bottles
- aluminium foil
- batteries, including car batteries
- cans and tins
- paper and thinner card (like greetings cards/cereal boxes)
- cooking oil
- electrical goods - small and large
- fluorescent tubes
- light bulbs
- TVs and monitors
- garden waste
- glass bottles and jars
- hard plastic (i.e. garden chairs, plastic flower pots, buckets, storage boxes, toys)
- plastic bottles (no other plastic packaging, only that shaped as a bottle)
- scrap metal
- juice cartons and takeaway paper coffee cups ('Tetra Packs' used for juice, soup, sauces)
- used engine oil
- white goods (fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers)
- ceramics (crockery, ceramic garden pots)
- wood and timber
A complete list can be found in Your guide to reuse and recycling centres PDF (544KB)
'Restricted waste' means items or materials that have been generated from building, renovation or DIY work.
Restricted waste is limited to 1000kg per rolling year per household.
We now have number plate recognition cameras in place to prevent businesses and trades people from using a service designed for residents. To use this service you must complete a restricted waste authorisation online form 2 working days before visiting the site. Our team will look at how much waste you have tipped this rolling year and provide authorisation based on your record. If you do not have authorisation to tip you will be refused entry to the site.
Restricted items include (not an exhaustive list):
- bathroom suites (baths, basins, toilets, tiles)
- kitchen cabinets
- pond materials
- windows and doors
- structural wood
- roofing materials
- hardcore, rubble and tiles
- soil and sand
- fence panels, sheds and structural wood (i.e. doorframes/skirting board)
Asbestos is hazardous waste and can be taken to Jenkins Lane RRC in Newham (IG11 0AD). It will need to be booked in before you visit by calling Renewi on 0800 389 9918.
Frequent site visitors will be issued with a stage 1 letter asking you to contact us to confirm you are not a trader illegally using a residential service. If you require a regular access to dispose of your household waste or recycling at your local site, please fill out the Access to East London Waste Authority RRC form. Within 2 working days you will be contacted to discuss the next steps.
Businesses and traders in Redbridge must pay to dispose of all their waste.