Book a bulky waste or large item collection
From time to time, you may have large items you no longer want or need. Your regular rubbish collection cannot take these items.
If you booked a bulky waste collection before the suspension of the service and you have let us know that you still need it, these collections will be made first.
Tips are now accepting larger vehicles if you need to dispose of bulky waste before you are able to get a booking. Please check our reuse and recycling centre page for full information and eligibility.
We have a huge demand for this service and need to take more time at each collection to disinfect the item, which means waiting times of up to 5 weeks. We are doing the best we can to make collections safely and as quick as possible. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience. All items collected will be sprayed with sanitiser to ensure our crews are kept as safe as possible.
Working and good quality items
Good quality, second-hand furniture and electrical appliances are useful and welcome to others. Many local charities will collect items in good clean working order and upholstered furniture with a fire safety certificate. If you have reusable items, please contact a charity or organisation who will accept items for free or you can take it to the tip. For links and contact details, please visit our reuse page.
Bulky waste disposal
We offer a bulky waste service to all residents. The best way to book a collection is online, but you can also book by calling our customer services.
Items we collect
We collect large household items for example beds, sofas, tables and chairs, cookers and garden furniture. A full list is available on the booking form, located at the bottom of the page.
Before you book a collection consider if you can give your item away.
if you need a bulky waste collection more than once within 6 months, you will be charged for collection.
All residents are entitled to receive one free collection every six months (maximum of 3 items).
If you require collection of additional items, then this will be chargeable at a cost of £10.00 per item (maximum of 3 items per booking) payable at the time of booking.
You can make additional bookings for more items.
Free collections are not available for:
- commercial premises
- business premises
- the removal of builder's waste
Reschedule or cancel your booking
Collections can be cancelled or rescheduled to another available day if you give at least 2 working days notice. If you give less notice you will not be refunded and will have to rebook the appointment and pay the fee again.
You can reschedule or cancel by calling 020 8554 5000. You can cancel by emailing email@example.com quoting the reference number.
On the day of collection, your items must be left in clear view in your front garden or in the communal bin area if you live in a flat.
If you do not leave your items out as instructed they may not be collected and your payment will not be refunded.
We will only collect:
- the items booked for collection which have been left in the agreed location from 6am on the day of collection
- items that are safe without nails protruding and sharp edges, glass items should be taped together
- secured items - items should be bundled together to enable tone person to collect them and black bags must be double bagged
Please make sure:
- gates are left unlocked, dogs are kept inside the property and parked cars do not obstruct items
- items that can get heavy when wet e.g. soft furnishings and mattresses, should be kept dry to ensure that the collection crew can remove them
- all food should be removed from fridge/freezers and the doors should be taped shut
- items such as carpets or broken furniture must be rolled, securely tied or bundled together and doors taped shut