Book a bulky waste or large item collection
From time to time, you may have large items you no longer want or need. Your regular rubbish collection cannot take these items.
Are they suitable for:
Good quality, second-hand furniture and electrical appliances are useful and welcome to others. Many local charities will collect items in good clean working order and upholstered furniture with a fire safety certificate.
Contact these charities for more information:
- TCL Reuse, Uphall Road, Ilford click here to find out more
- the British Heart Foundation make collections locally, click here to find out more.
Other resources for offering items for free include:
- the tip; officially called Chigwell Road reuse and recycling centre
- Redbridge Freecycle
We offer a free bulky waste service to all residents. You can request a large item collection for the following items:
- mattresses (dry only. If they become wet from rain they will be too heavy to remove and collection will need to be rebooked)
- TVs and large electrical items
Before you book a collection consider if you can give your item away. Details of charities who can collect usable items from you are listed above.
Your order cannot be changed once you have booked.
- items will be collected on the day after the doorstep refuse and recycling collection in your area
- items left out for collection must be in the front of the property, in the communal bin shed in the case of blocks of flats, by 7am on the agreed day of collection
- if you are using a communal rubbish area to leave the items for collection please tell us if there are special arrangements to gain entry
You can also book a free collection by calling the customer contact centre on 020 8554 5000.
Free collections are not available for:
- commercial premises
- business premises
- the removal of builder's waste