Report a change of circumstances

On 29 February 2024 from 12 pm until 4 March 2024 our customer portal will be unavailable. This is due to essential maintenance which means you will be unable to complete any online forms during this period. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tell us about a change

Tell us about a change in circumstances and upload your documents here. If you have already registered and want to report a change of circumstances including a change of address you will need your: 

  • First and last name
  • Date of birth
  • National Insurance number
  • Post code
  • Benefit claim reference (this will begin with a 0 or a 1 and is 8 digits long)

You should tell us about any change in your circumstances straight away, and within at least 1 month of any change. if you do not tell us about a change you may lose your benefits. A change that reduces your amount of benefit may lead to an over payment, which we will ask you to pay back. 


You must tell us immediately if:

  • Your Universal Credit, Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment Support Allowance entitlement ends
  • You start work
  • You move home (as you will need to make a new claim for benefit at your new address)
  • You or anyone in your household leaves or comes to live with you
  • You or anyone in your household has a change in their income
  • The amount of rent you pay changes
  • Any of your children leave school
  • Your savings go above £6,000 if you are of working age or £10,000 if you are of state pension age
  • You become a student
  • Anyone living with you becomes a student, starts an apprenticeship or starts/leaves a job
  • You are going away, you must tell us how long you will be away for before you go
  • You or your partner or other people who live with you are in hospital for more than 6 weeks
  • You leave your home on a temporary basis
  • There are any other changes that may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction 

 Tell us about a change in your circumstances including change of address or upload your documents

Report your change and upload your documents