Redbridge Hate Crime Pledge
The Redbridge Hate Crime Pledge has been created to allow individuals and organisations in the borough to support and participate in ongoing efforts to reduce hate crime in the area. We would like to invite everyone to read and sign the pledge below.
We regard any hate incident to be unacceptable and are committed to working in partnership to eradicate hate crimes across Redbridge. By signing this pledge, we commit ourselves to a Redbridge where people are free to live, work and play without fear of hostility toward their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or transgender identity.
"...behind every hate crime is a message: You are not welcome here. Behind every strong community is another: Yes, you are."
Let’s be a strong inclusive community - sign the pledge to send a clear message “Redbridge does not tolerate hate”.
- I/We pledge to unite against hatred or hostility directed at anyone because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or because they are transgender
- I/We pledge that, if it is safe to do so, I/we will challenge those responsible for hate crimes when they occur to demonstrate that we do not tolerate hate crime in Redbridge
- I/We pledge to learn about what counts as a hate crime and to share this information with others, including through leaflets, posters and social media posts generated by Redbridge Council and its partners
- I/We pledge to report to the police any hate crime I/we witness, suffer, or become aware of, passing on specific details wherever possible, so that the relevant authorities have the information they need to do what they can to tackle it
- I/We pledge to support any victim of hate crime, including by helping them to make a report to the police in the best way to help the authorities take appropriate action