Growing a New Redbridge
Redbridge Council, Metropolitan Police, Redbridge CVS, New City College and Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge CCG have published a joint Partnership Plan for 2025 (PDF 1.7MB). Redbridge is a great place to live, but we know it can be better.
The opportunity areas that all partners will work on over the coming years are:
- Ensuring regeneration benefits our communities
- Being a great place to live as a family
- Tackling the root causes of social challenges
The key test of whether we are succeeding is whether our residents can feel and see positive changes around them. We have identified several residents, reflecting the diverse make-up of our borough, whose lives we will follow throughout the course of this Borough plan. Every two years we will ask them for their views on how Redbridge is changing and publish the results. Read the initial case studies (PDF 509 KB).
A Great Place to Live
Our part of the deal will be to provide the best possible services and support, while becoming a more open and democratic organisation, giving residents a real voice in the way we make decisions. We have published a Strategic Delivery Plan which sets out how it will contribute to the Partnership Plan.
Our key priorities for the next 10 years are to:
- Regenerate the borough to benefit our residents and integrate new communities
- Keep the borough clean and safe
- Be a great place to live as a family
- Tackle the root causes of social challenges
- Build a brilliant Council
These strategies are both based upon significant engagement with residents and other stakeholders. We are keen to continue to listen to residents, and if you would like to have your say please come along to our Local Forums, or visit our online engagement hub.