We are proud that Redbridge is the fourth most ethnically diverse borough in the country with 15% of residents being EU nationals. We will continue to welcome new residents from the EU and around the world as valued members of our community and commit to providing services to all residents.
You can translate this page using the accessibility tab in the top right-hand corner.
EU citizens living in the UK
If you are an EU citizen or an EU citizen’s family member and wish to continue to live in the UK after Brexit, you must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme which is open until 30 June 2021.
Successful applicants will be issues with either settled or pre-settled status.
- Settled status is granted to EU citizens who have been UK residents for at least five years
- Pre-settled status is granted to EU citizens who have been UK residents for less than five years and will need to apply for settled status five years after their first application
You can reapply as many times as you like before the deadline.
There is no cost to apply for the scheme and help to apply is available from the government.
- Employers can access an employer's toolkit on GOV.UK information on how to support EU citizens and their families to apply to the EU settlement scheme.
- Businesses can access guidance on changes to their industry and specific rules on GOV.UK’s online toolkit.
- To find out more about the Settlement Scheme please visit GOV.UK
- For information on the Settlement Scheme in different languages please visit EU Londoner’s Hub
- For guidance on staying in the UK after Brexit please visit Citizen’s Advice
- Contact Citizens Advice Redbridge if you think you've been discriminated against since the referendum (e.g. unfairly refused work/housing)
- Sign up to email updates from the Home Office