Each year phone operators contact us and let us know where they intend to place new telecommunications masts or equipment in Redbridge. We will review this list and where possible encourage operators to share sites.
- Telecommunications rollout plan (PDF 52KB)
- Telecommunications rollout plan map (PDF 3MB)
- If you have any enquiries on the rollout plan, please contact Planning Policy or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies, guidelines and the planning process
Not all telecommunication development requires a planning application. Phone masts will normally fall within one of three categories:
- permitted development (ie; no permission or notice is required from you to us)
- permitted development that requires our prior approval
- development that requires an application for planning permission and/or listed building consent - made to us
Despite sometimes not needing planning permission, all telecom development must be built in accordance with International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) guidelines.
Masts and health
Health risks or even fear of possible health risks are valid considerations when we consider planning applications.
Applications are assessed against Local Plan Policy LP25 and National Planning Policy Framework chapter 3. This means where a mobile phone mast installation meets the ICNIRP guidelines we cannot refuse permission.