Local Plan proposed changes consultation
Published: 10 November 2017
Residents and local organisations still have an opportunity to comment on the proposed changes to the Local Plan. Consultation is underway and will close at 5pm on Monday 27 November 2017.
Following the Local Plan hearing sessions in the summer, a number of changes are being proposed to the Plan. A summary of the main Modifications include:
• stronger policies to ensure that when development opportunity sites come forward they deliver the necessary infrastructure such as schools and health facilities which are essential to support new communities
• a stronger dwelling mix policy requiring strategic sites to provide a high proportion of family sized homes
• stronger planning polices to manage the increase of hot food takeaways, betting shops, payday lenders and Shisha Bars
• stronger planning polices to address and manage the issues of ‘Beds in Sheds’
• stronger planning polices to promote high quality building design and protection of the Borough’s heritage assets
The Council encourages all residents and local groups to have their say. Consultation documents are available on our Local Plan page, at Redbridge Town Hall and all libraries across the Borough. Visit Redbridge Local Plan 2015-2030 for details.