Make a corporate complaint

Wherever possible, complaints will be resolved at the earliest opportunity without escalating to the formal procedure. In most cases, we will discuss the complaint with you to see if we can resolve the issue quickly without having to go through the formal complaint process. We are not obliged to consider complaints about a matter that occurred over 12 months ago.


Complaints process

The Corporate Complaints Procedure has 2 stages.

Stage 1

Your complaint will be handled by the service area you are complaining about. You will receive a reply within 10 working days of us receiving your complaint.

If you are not happy with the response, you can ask for it to be escalated to stage 2.

Stage 2

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive at stage 1, you should tell us why. The Chief Officer of the service area you are complaining about will consider your complaint and will appoint a senior officer to carry out a formal investigation.

The Chief Officer will write to tell you the outcome of the investigation within 20 working days of the date the investigation started.

We will keep you informed if the investigation will take longer or if we need to handle it in a different way.

Following stage 2

Following a stage 2 investigation if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent body which investigates complaints about councils.

If your complaint is about Redbridge Council as your landlord, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service. For more information please visit the Housing Ombudsman website.


Make a complaint

To make a general service complaint please use our general complaint form. 

If want to let us know about a missed collection, litter, fly tipping or broken street light please make a report. By making a complaint instead we will not be able to deal with your issue as quickly as we would like.


 Make a general complaint


Note that feedback relates only to this page and it's content. You can also feedback about the entire site.

For complaints or compliments, please go to Complaints or Compliments

Rate this page:

Thanks for your feedback