Report a change

Number of people living in the property

The Council Tax bill assumes there are two adults living in the property.

For example:

  • If someone has moved out and you are over the age of 18 you could be entitled to a Single Person's Discount
  • If you have people come to stay with you for a long period of time this may affect the Council Tax discounts you get

Tell us about any changes so you pay the right amount of Council Tax.

Change of name

If there is a name change through marriage, divorce or by deed poll.

Please tell us, giving the previous name and the date of the change of name, together with your Council Tax reference number.

If your name is incorrect on your Council Tax bill please let us know, giving us details of your correct name.

If someone has died in your household      

So we can update the Council Tax account we will need from you:

  • details of the person who died
  • an original death certificate
  • the name of the next of kin who will be dealing with any correspondence together with the name and address of any solicitors assisting in the administration of the estate

Contact us

write to us at:

Lynton House
255-259 High Road
Ilford, Essex

What happens next

We will update your Council Tax account and you will be sent a revised bill.

Tell Us Once service

We offer a service called Tell Us Once. You tell us when someone has died and we will contact the relevant departments and local services that need to know.

Note that feedback relates only to this page and it's content. You can also feedback about the entire site.

For complaints or compliments, please go to Complaints or Compliments

Rate this page:

Thanks for your feedback