Report a change
Number of people living in the property
The Council Tax bill assumes there are two adults living in the property.
- If someone has moved out and you are over the age of 18 you could be entitled to a Single Person's Discount
- If you have people come to stay with you for a long period of time this may affect the Council Tax discounts you get
Tell us about any changes so you pay the right amount of Council Tax.
Change of name
If there is a name change through marriage, divorce or by deed poll.
Please tell us, giving the previous name and the date of the change of name, together with your Council Tax reference number.
If your name is incorrect on your Council Tax bill please let us know, giving us details of your correct name.
If someone has died in your household
So we can update the Council Tax account we will need from you:
- details of the person who died
- an original death certificate
- the name of the next of kin who will be dealing with any correspondence together with the name and address of any solicitors assisting in the administration of the estate
write to us at:
255-259 High Road
- you can email us at email@example.com
- if you require any additional advice, please contact us on 020 8708 5670
What happens next
We will update your Council Tax account and you will be sent a revised bill.
Tell Us Once service
We offer a service called Tell Us Once. You tell us when someone has died and we will contact the relevant departments and local services that need to know.