Redbridge Community Contact Tracing
The COVID-19 contact tracing system for Redbridge is designed to provide another layer of support to help control the COVID-19 virus. Collectively, Public Health England, London Borough of Redbridge and all its communities work to contact people whom the NHS Test and Trace national system is unable to reach.
- Our local contact tracers call people who have been tested positive for Covid-19 and ask them to identify those people they have been in close contact with to keep the people around you safe. Close contact means you were within 2m of a person with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
- People contacted will be advised to isolate, talked through how to access local support when isolating, and asked about details of their close contacts so these can be followed up by the national system should this be necessary. Ignoring calls from our local contact tracers could put you at risk of unknowingly passing on the virus to loved ones
- The service will run 7 days a week, with calls coming from the Council. Text messages will also be sent to people with mobile phones telling them how long they may be self-isolating
- If you are double jabbed, or under the age of 18 years old, you do not need to self-isolate
- If you have not been double jabbed, you should stay at home and self-isolate for 10 days, starting from when symptoms first appeared or when you tested positive if you have no symptoms
- You will also be required to inform your household contacts to self-isolate for 10 days
- Our contact tracer will inform you of dates of your self-isolation to support you
- Self-isolation means staying at home, monitoring yourself and maintaining social distancing from others at all times. You may need to remain in a specific room separate from other non-exposed people
- If you need support or assistance with self-isolation please contact the Wellbeing service.
- You may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period, find out if you are eligible on our Test and Trace support payment page